Monday, April 9, 2018

$160 Worth Of Makeup For $87.91?! | Makeup Monday



I love makeup! I would spend my entire paycheck on makeup if I could. Of course, I have a budget, just like most of you probably do. So I am always looking for ways to save money and still get amazing, high-end makeup. One way that I do that is with a Boxycharm subscription (posts to come showing the April box). However, one place that I LOVE to shop for makeup is discount shops. Marshall's and T.J. Maxx are the best place that I have found that sell awesome Sephora brands but sometimes Ross even has some! Here are some of the cool things that I found at this most recent shopping spree in Marshall's.

Ardell Eyelashes - Regular Price $10.00 / Marshall's Price $7.99



These are a neat find but they weren't overly exciting for me because you can usually find inexpensive lashes at Marshall's. $2 off MSRP isn't a huge markdown but when you enjoy wearing lashes a lot, it's good to save some money in the process. I bought a natural and glamour pack for $7.99 each. 

Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Foundation - Regular Price $11.99 / Marshall's Price $2.99
Usually when I find super discounted foundations, they are not my shade or even close to it. So I was super excited to find this specific foundation in a shade that works on me. I have been wanting to try this foundation out for a long time because  I have seen it circulating the beauty community on YouTube but I have a ton of foundations that I haven't used up yet so I couldn't justify spending money on another one. That is until I saw it for $3 at Marshall's. I couldn't pass up that kind of deal.

Lorac TANtalizer Baked Bronzer - Regular Price $12 / Marshall's Price $7.99
I'm not gonna lie, anytime I'm at Marshall's I have my eye out for name brand makeup. It's not like I don't love drugstore makeup but that's already something that I buy a lot whereas name brand (or high-end, if you prefer) is kind of a treat for me. I was pumped when I found this bronzer, even though I'm pretty sure it's been discontinued because I couldn't find it on Lorac's website, Sephora, or Ulta. 

Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipsticks - Regular Price $19 / Marshall's Price $7.99
I cannot even begin to explain how excited I was to find these lipsticks! I have always wanted to try Kat Von D's lipsticks but I couldn't justify spending $19 on one. I got the colors Motorhead and Vampira which are both very vampy, dark colors which are right up my alley. Plus, over half off MSRP is a huge steal!

 Left is Motorhead
 Right is Vampira
GlamGlow Lip Balm Treatment - Regular Price $19 / Marshall's Price $9.99
Glamglow is another one of those brands that I have always wanted to try and have heard a lot about. But, again, the products are so pricey that it would be a big treat for me to splurge on something like that. $10 is still kind of a lot for me to spend on a lip balm but I have heard such great things about this brand that I couldn't help myself. I got the colors Kiss And Tell and Sugar Plum.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in Aurora - Regular Price $40 / Marshall's Price $24.99
OK, this was definitely the highlight of my trip (pun intended). I was done my shopping and had decided that I had spent enough money when I see this beauty behind the cash register. Of course I had to ask to see it and after I did there was no going back. I bought, not only one, but two of these glow kits. One for me and one for my sister. Not quite half off, but close enough to make it more than worth it!

The Verdict:
Overall, I bought $159 worth of makeup for $87.91 and, to me, that is a good day. If you are someone who loves a good deal I would highly recommend checking out your local Marshall's or T.J. Maxx!

A couple other goodies I found 
Regular Price $5-$10 each / Marshall's Price $3.99 each

Regular Price $5.99 each / Marshall's Price $3.99 each

Regular Price $7 / Marshall's Price $4.99







No comments:

Post a Comment