Thursday, September 24, 2015

Avon Extra Lasting Liquid Foundation

One of my most recent beauty purchases has made enough of an impression on me that I have decided to post a review on it after only a month of use. The product I am referring to is the extra lasting liquid foundation from Avon.


 If you have never heard of Avon or have heard of it and have never tried it, Avon is a cosmetics company that has (for the most part) good quality, affordable product.

However, I am not all that impressed with this liquid foundation. I have been trying it, as I said, for about a month now and it just is not a good foundation. It has a grainy texture. I find that it is very drying on my skin and feels extremely uncomfortable. It also tends to crease and look very cakey. It goes on looking like it matches my skin, but sets very orangey later on in the day. Below are two pictures. The first is a picture of my bare face with no foundation, and the second is with the Extra Lasting Liquid Foundation.

As you can see it has medium to light coverage, which I usually prefer to full coverage. It did a good job of covering the redness on my cheeks, chin, and forehead, but did nothing for the discoloration around my eyes and mouth.

It does have a few redeeming qualities though. The first being that it is long lasting. I have worn this foundation for a full day and did not require touch-ups. Secondly, it has SPF 12 which is something that I personally like in a foundation and is what drew me to this foundation in the first place. I am also a fan of the pump because a lot of affordable foundations have a pour spout.

I bought it on sale for $9.99 but the normal price is $12.50 and honestly, for the price, it's not worth it.I might try mixing it with a moisturizer to make a BB cream so that I get my money's worth, but I will most definitely not be repurchasing. Leave a comment below with a foundation for me to try next. And if you've tried this foundation, let me know what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment